Disabled Military Veterans in Colorado Springs are entitled to certain benefits by law. If you don’t know about these Disabled Veterans benefits, you could be missing out. We will show you the available Disabled vet benefits to ensure you get everything you need. At Mt. Carmel Veterans Service Center, we strive to provide Veteran services and information in the local area.
Disabled Veterans Benefits
Here are just a few of the Disabled American Veterans benefits you could receive.
- VA Disability Compensation – monthly tax-free payment for veterans who were injured or got sick while serving.
- VA Home Loan – mortgage loan with lower rates.
- VA Medical Benefits – low-cost and free healthcare services.
- VA Education Benefits – paying college tuition, career counseling, and finding the right school.
- VA Pension – amount received varies based on other income.
- Readjustment Counseling – psycho-social services helping transition from military to civilian life.
- Educational and Career Counseling – providing guidance on what schooling to attend and what career to follow.
- Confidential Counseling and Support – all support is 100% confidential.
- Federal Hiring Preference – all federal jobs prefer hiring veterans over civilians.
- Discounts – disabled veterans discounts are available for hotel rooms, insurance, and more.
- Commissary Privileges – groceries and household goods at cost plus a 5% surcharge.
- Exchange Privileges – tax-free online shopping.
- Military ID Card – a form of photo ID for veterans.
- State Specific Benefits – each state offers VA benefits.
- VA Burial Allowance – receive money towards burial and funeral expenses.
- VA Headstone or Marker – receive support for a headstone or marker.
- Burial Flag – this keepsake is given to the next of kin at the burial.
- Burial in VA Cemetery – veterans and family members can be buried in some VA cemeteries.
- Burial in Arlington National Cemetery – available if you were awarded Purple Heart, Silver Star, and above.
- Inurnment in Arlington National Cemetery – remains can be placed at the national cemetery for qualified veterans.
- Burial at Sea – available to veterans provided by the U.S. Navy.
- Presidential Memorial Certificate – engraved paper certificate signed by the current President.
As a Disabled Veteran, How Do You Know Which Benefits You’re Eligible For?
Some benefits are only available to Veterans with a particular percentage of disability. 100 percent Disabled Veterans benefits could be very different from others. What benefits come with 100% VA disability, and what benefits does an 80% Disabled Veteran get? It’s best to speak with Mt. Carmel about your particular benefits regarding your disability rating.
Are there VA Benefits that All Disabled Veterans are Entitled to Regardless of Specific Disability?
Some Disabled Military Veterans benefits are available across the board, no matter how disabled you may be. For example, some universal benefits include access to healthcare services, shopping at the commissary, and career counseling. Speak with your representative at Mt. Carmel Veterans Center to find out more about all Disabled Veterans’ universal benefits.
Best Service Center for Military Veterans in Colorado Springs
Mt. Carmel Veterans Center works to aid local Military Veterans across Colorado with veteran services, allowing you to transition into civilian life with ease. If you are or know a Military Veteran in Colorado and Colorado Springs, we can help. We provide behavioral health, supportive services, transition and employment, community connections, and listen to anything that is troubling or concerning you. Please contact us at Mt. Carmel, and we will be happy to assist.